cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway IPv4 address is not valid. No internet

Diinx1988
Tuning in

My internet has been down all day I had turned my hub 3 in to the modem about a month ago, but done a 60 second reboot to see if this resolves the issue, however it’s got the solid white light but when I go into the router settings it says update on progress, I have no internet at all, I’ve unplugged and reset several times, the hub says it has a issue and will try to fix it but then says 

Gateway IPv4 address is not valid.

I’m not the account holder I’m the sister of the account holder paying the bill, my brother no longer lives with me and is away so I can’t get any help from virgin without him calling them which is impossible, I don’t have the account number, can anyone help with any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

You’ll need to pass DPA for assistance from Virgin staff. 
What does the service status page show?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

No problems in the area, yeah I called them earlier they won’t help me, I don’t want to be left paying 60 pound a month for no internet it’s driving me mad lol I can’t even transfer the account into my name and I can’t give the password because i don’t know it and he don’t know it lol and he can’t request a reset because his away 

Hi Diinx1988,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you currently have no broadband connection at all and that you've been having a hard time trying to get some help with this. I've been unable to locate the account from here using your forum information, so I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can take take details.

If we get to a stage where we need to pass security to be able to discuss the account, we can send out a reminder letter of the memorable account word to the account address, so that once you receive the letter you can then pass security.

Look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Beth

Beth