Menu
chippin-2669
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Gaming Lag

Can someone from virgin please explain to me how i'm supoosed to play online games with lag like this ?????, 4 weeks like this, playing on PC with ethernet connection.Virgin.jpg

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming Lag

With over utilisation like that you'll need to play between midnight and 8am. 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Gaming Lag

Yup, that's over-utilisation.  In a nutshell, it's down to the saturation of the local network's upstream bandwidth due to the changed working/living behaviours caused by Covid.  There's nothing VM can do about this in the timescale the problem is likely to last for.  So there's some light at the end of the tunnel in the sense that the vaccination programme is going well and we should see schools and offices progressively reopen, but equally that's not going to happen for a month or two, and any local tightening might bring the issue temporarily back.

If you're "out of contract" and can cancel VM and get an Openreach connection in that will usually solve it, but obviously downstream speeds will be lower, and you'd need to check the installation time, and then compare that to whatever beliefs you have on when we'll be able to wave two fingers at the back of Covid, and normal VM service hopefully returns.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos