cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Door Camera

CaptKenn
Tuning in

My Yale Front Door Camera worked lovely til virgin upgraded my internet to 1 Gb speed,  Yale is saying my camera works on 500 speed so I guess I must of had a 500 internet speed when l installed the camera, how to get my camera working again or do I have to buy a different camera, l don't want to do that if anyone know how to get round this problem l would be very appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Yale is saying my camera works on 500 speed so I guess I must of had a 500 internet speed" totally irrelevant. The speed of the connection has nothing to do the WiFi connection. A new hub will have different WiFi SSID names and perhaps the Yale camera is trying to connect to the old name. You need to reset the camera to its shipped state and set it up as if it was new.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Yale is saying my camera works on 500 speed so I guess I must of had a 500 internet speed" totally irrelevant. The speed of the connection has nothing to do the WiFi connection. A new hub will have different WiFi SSID names and perhaps the Yale camera is trying to connect to the old name. You need to reset the camera to its shipped state and set it up as if it was new.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor

Thank you for your help of reply, you sound like your a qualified electronics I can only wish I was, as this problem has been like this since Virgin came 3 months ago, I didn't know where or who to turn to after Yale explained there conclusions about this camera, I don't know if I can do as you say, as good as I am at handyman I'm completely the opposite where electronics are involved, I don't suppose it helps being 75 but i'm still doing things and keeping myself fit and looking after my recent blind wife everything has come to a stand still,  but I'll try anything but haven't a clue how to even do to when you say "You need to reset the camera to its shipped state" I would love to know how to do this but I just don't know, maybe if l was guided but even then I feel it would have to be explained in baby steps, but thank you and appreciate your hand of help

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"I don't suppose it helps being 75" beat you! I’m 76, but it’s never too old to learn new things, I’ve been working with computers and electronics since 1967.

Tudor

Hi Tudor

Haha yes you have the upper hand there and yes as you have said it's not too old to learn new things,  just need to learn how to reset this Yale Camera now

Hi there @CaptKenn

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your camera and a big thank you to @Tudor for their help. 

Can I ask if you have contacted Yale at all so they can offer guidance? I have been able to find their help site here if that's any further help for you? 

Thank you.

Thank you Ash_C

Yes I have and they said there Cameras work on a 500mb and as I have upgraded to a 1Gb on my Virgin package I will need to contact virgin but I did get a reply from a another your people saying this answer that Yale have given you is irrelevant and all the camera needs is to be reset as if new and start again but I'm not up on these thing and so don't know how to reset the camera

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This page is how to reset one of Yale’s cameras, probably similar for others:

https://yalehome.co.uk/support/product-support/smart-camera/indoor-wi-fi-camera-pan-tilt

Tudor

Thank you Tudor you have been good to me in helping, I will follow your guidance eventually, unfortunately thinking if I deleted the yale app and reinstalled it would reset the camera, I know, but it was before you sent your latest massage of help,  as it has given me another problem as the people who send updates for my iphone 6 have decided to not to cover my iphone 6 any more so cannot update as when trying to down load app again it's saying, "To download app you need iOS13" Oh!!  so I have to wait now till there enough saving to cover a replacement second hand iphone,  I believe updates are still covering the iphone 8,  but for how long I don't know, oh! got some good news whilst writing you, it's from my daughter, as she has a iphone13 I can have but, it has a broken screen oh!, apparently got broken when it hit the head of her 20yr long boyfriend (pity it wasn't a hammer)  I'm hoping fixing the screen is cheaper then another iphone....many thanks Tudor for holding on in there for me, when it all comes good I'll keep you posted

Bit late but, have a Happy New Year

Hi Tudor

Hi Tudor

I said I'd get back to you, so here's what's happened with our yale front door bell and Virgin upgrade and your help Got my daughters i13 phone eventually with its screen fixed and working so know can update to the latest OS, that now allows me to download the yale app, but still front door bell won't work for me, but alas it was my grandsons (who we don't see much of) birthday and we can't get his money to him because I'm looking after my recently blind wife that has lost all bearings in our house, but she did say to me the rope I rigged up across our front room going to the toilet works wonderful...I know sry.....anyway grandson called in to see us (wonder why) whilst he was here I mentioned the front door bell still don't work, well he came at 7.30pm and left at 10.00pm read your helpful massage and nearly I repeat nearly got it going,  it was getting late so I told him you better get going or you husband will be getting worried  and as he was going out through our front door he said oh!.... I can see a green light on the camera now instead of the red light and said give me your phone quick, held it up to the camera to marry it up and hey presto the camera is now working with the iphone and its' still working working now a month later wohoo!!!... thank you Tudor for persisting with this problem, I will let yale know what I think of their idea how to get it going...My wife says does that camera have to keep buzzing every time someone walks by our house Arrrrgggg!!! oh well maybe....emm if I could get grandson to come round haha......keep safe