cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent disconnections

edina1991
Joining in

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. The last few weeks we've been experiencing repeated disconnections. We have two separate PC's in the house one using WI-FI and the other one uses cable. It happens on both. The disconnections mainly happen in the afternoon/evening time and only takes couple of seconds but it is enough to ruin work or gaming experience. We are talking about a range of 5-30 disconnects within a few hours.

Have reset and restarted the router with no improvement. Followed through every step on the website to try and fix it. There are no known issues reported in my area whenever I check due to the disconnections.

May I please request someone from VM to contact me and arrange a technician to come out and help? This is now very frustrating as I have a few months left from the contract and we really need a reliable internet.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Hero

Check for a street level issue via 0800 561 0061 it is an automated service.

Have a look at the Hubs "Check router status"   tabs for Downstream / Upstream issues.

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.
The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi edina1991,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some connection issues.

I've had a look at things from our side, and everything looks to be within the specifications we would expect.

I can however see it's been some time since your hub was rebooted, if you can please try this and let us know if there is any change.

Alex_Rm

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I rebooted the hub and the disconnections still continued.

Thanks for confirming edina1991,

So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message edina1991,

I've arranged an engineer visit for you, you can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm