Menu
mirams
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Frequent disconnections for the past month or so

Had no problems at all for about 10 months, and lots of problems recently, multiple devices losing internet connections a few times a day. I see a lot of messages on the forum with people with the same problem. Hub 3.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent disconnections for the past month or so

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mirams
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All connections susceptible as far as I can work out (it is sporadic and usually there’s nothing connected on ethernet), but certainly not to do with the range of WiFi, happens right next to the router, multiple devices. Usually no special lights showing when the problem occurs, but occasionally some green ones come on.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Test it with a laptop wired directly into the Hub and see if that stays connected to the internet when your wifi drops out. Report back on that.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos