cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent WiFi drop out on Hub 3

coth
On our wavelength

Hi all,

My Hub 3 is causing me so much grief.  I get WiFi drop outs and IP config failures every day.  A reboot sorts it for a while but I can't go on.  Is there anything I can do?

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

For our Hub 3 Wi-Fi stability issues were resolved with these settings :

Wireless Security

Client62_0-1680359554768.pngClient62_0-1678622112364.png

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi coth 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with drop-outs on your Hub. Have you been able to update your Hub Settings to the ones advised by Client62? If so, how are things looking since making the changes?

Is it just the WiFi experiencing issues, or ethernet-connected devices too?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

coth
On our wavelength

Hi,

The suggestion to set static channels actually makes this worse, as those channels are in use by other routers in the area.  I'm also not sure how it addresses IP config errors.

To be honest I thought an equipment refresh was overdue, and happens to be a decent attempt to resolve the issue.

Client62
Legend

I am going to focus more time on the tennis, this post is a work of fiction.

Hi coth, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that the hub is dropping with the connection, can you do a pin hole reset to see if anything changes? 

Would you be able to set up a BQM here and send us the results? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Thanks for posting your logs coth.

Remotely checking from our end, we can see no issue that would be causing this issue. 

All power levels are within specification, there are no area faults or SNR issues in your area.

Can we ask if you performed the pin hole reset on your hub as advised in the previous post? This generally resolves any connection issues.

Please let us know if this was performed.

Kind regards Jodi.