Menu
Davorin82
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Frequent Intermittent drop outs and pauses in connectivity (TW10 area)

Hi all,

I wanted to raise something here and check if more of us are experiencing the same issue.

Since mid-January, every time I'm on a conference call (zoom, google meet, teams) I notice intermittent drop outs and pauses in connectivity - where I lose connection and the call drops. It started happening two weeks ago - I do not know how many time per day it happens as I notice it only during calls, but speeds seem to be fine, there are no indicators on the router, so I just wonder what it might be - all the cables are attached properly. Good that I can use hotspot on my mobile, otherwise I would not be able to work from home properly.

Any ideas what I can check? Are there any schedule maintenance works going on - I didn't find anything online.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent Intermittent drop outs and pauses in connectivity (TW10 area)

On a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Davorin82
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

WiFi - sorry, forgot to mention. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You need to test with a wired connection as well to see if it still drops out

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Davorin82
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As I'm not working next to the router it would be difficult to test the wired connection. 

I was hoping to see if more people are experiencing the same issues around here or in the area where I am - as I know VM is always working on the upgrades and carrying out maintenance work. In the last 9 months, I didn't have to use the hotspot once, and in the last two weeks now almost every day. 

0 Kudos
howden9
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm not too far away from you (SM2 area) and VM have told me that it is a capacity issue in our area - maybe it can't cope with a lot more people WFH and home schooling ? 

They said that there is ongoing work and the issues you mentioned (and that we also face) will only be resolved then - no date given. Compensation can only be claimed at that point.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Compensation is only payable on 48 hours+ of a consecutive total loss of service.

Intermittent outages are not applicable.

0 Kudos
Davorin82
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! Always reassuring to know I'm not the only one.
0 Kudos