cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For The Last Three Days....

my-generation
On our wavelength

At about 6pm, the internet fails and when it returns after about ten minutes the wifi doesn't work, probably requiring a reboot of the router..

Any chance someone can check this out? Hub 3 with Virgin Cable, S)30 postcode

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Thats a nice bug internet goes down and wifi stays down until a reboot then again VM just say reboot the hub...do wired connections work? modem mode may not have that problem unless DHCP is cleared.   

---------------------------------------------------------------

my-generation
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply

No, wired connections go too, but return after about five minutes. Wifi stays off

It just seems strange that this happens at about the same time each day. 

Client62
Legend

Given the time of day and duration, you could almost imagine interference from a microwave oven.

Are you seeing any changes to the Hub 3 panel lights during the 10 minutes of outage ?

my-generation
On our wavelength

I think that's what it is. I'm streaming a radio station and just now when the microwave was on BUTT disconnected again.

I've switched off 2.4ghz and if there are problems from that I'll split the wifi between the two

Thanks. .

Client62
Legend

Microwave ovens operate around 2.45Ghz, that is close to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi frequency.

Hi there @my-generation 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your connection and a big thank you to our community for their help so far. 

Can I ask how things are looking since your last post? Did you split the frequencies at all? 

Yes I've had to order a new usb network adaptor which is no problem as the others could only work at 2.4ghz.
I have also connected the two PCs to the hub by ethernet. Now however they can't see each other on the network unless I do a network reset (windows 10)

I don't think that's Virgin's problem though!