Menu
ss2user
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

For 7 days Teachers in SS2 unable to teach Children remotely due to poor quality of Virgin service

For the last 7 days Teachers in SS2 have been unable to teach Children remotely due to poor quality of Virgin service. Mainly using MS Teams application the Virgin Media broadband service has either been unusable for audio or totally unavailable. 

Further, during  the last 7 days The Virgin Media Internet service has also not been unavailable after midnight for a short time. Is this a planned VM restart?

Teachers in the SS2 are now been advised to use BT or Talk Talk.

No communication and no update from Virgin Media.

Easier to understand when customers know what is going on.

Can VM  also confirm how they will compensate customers in the SS2 location?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: For 7 days Teachers in SS2 unable to teach Children remotely due to poor quality of Virgin service

easy connection would need to be looked at.

Its very unlikey that the whole of ss2 are is having the same problem
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: For 7 days Teachers in SS2 unable to teach Children remotely due to poor quality of Virgin service

Have you actually reported the fault to Virgin on their support line?  They don't monitor every line and often aren't aware of faults until they are reported.

There is automatic compensation for reported loss of connection after two days.

0 Kudos
ss2user
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Multiple users at SS2 have been impacted at the same times each day.

Reported to Virgin, they have confirmed on the phone they are having technical issues in the SS2 area and expect the incident to be resolved next week.

No technical details communicated in writing.

Virgin Media had a  full outage at SS2 this morning with multiple households impacted.  

There have been more than 7 full  Virgin Media outages at SS2 in the last 7 days impacting multiple households.  

0 Kudos
ss2user
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Multiple users at SS2 have been impacted at the same times each day.

Reported to Virgin, they have confirmed on the phone they are having technical issues in the SS2 area and expect the incident to be resolved next week.

No technical details communicated in writing.

Virgin Media had a  full outage at SS2 this morning with multiple households impacted.  

There have been more than 7 full  Virgin Media outages at SS2 in the last 7 days impacting multiple households.  
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like Virgin are on the case then.  Their network is under pressure at the moment with so many new users putting demands on it.  It takes a long while to put in extra capacity.  You are not the only ones to suffer from this.

But you are right that Virgin's lack of communications with customers is lamentable,

0 Kudos
Oyster
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think you know the answer to the compensation question.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you’re aware of an issue what is posting here going to achieve?

Compensation is in each users contract. It’s usually applicable after 48 hours consecutive loss of service. Intermittent issues and disconnects do not apply. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos