Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Flashing green power light on hub 3

Flashing green power lightFlashing green power lightMorning all, I’ve had the above issue with the hub3 since yesterday @10:00, no internet for the kids please help....lol.  
From reading other posts which I don’t think this is related to their particular issues. I only have the power light which is flashing green. No other lights are flashing when hub is booted. As per video. 
I’ve tried rebooting and resetting the hub to no avail. I do have an engineer booked for Friday but this seams such a long time away especially when we only use online services and don’t use live tv services. 
I am an existing customer many years..... no joy with telephone line help, on hold for 55 minutes yesterday. I’m still waiting for the ‘Tech’ team to message me via vm app. 
if there’s anyone that may be able to assist please feel free to let me know. 
Many thanks in advance. 
Graeme 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing green power light on hub 3

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, ye first thing I tried.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update as of 11:15, I’ve just reset the hub, new password etc etc now there’s the green WiFi light on top. 3E9041B0-FB8F-42F4-89AE-6CAF17594D6F.jpeg

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update Re: Flashing green power light on hub 3

So it ends up that the cable coming into my property is faulty, I followed the engineer to the box, he explained that the amplifier within the box is underpowered. He is aware that vm are in the process of upgrading all amplifiers in this line, unfortunately the box I’m linked to is the last, which he advised it will be the last amp to be upgraded. The amp is 38db, with 6 extensions, and it’s running in excess of 42 cables. He advised that this will be why the internet is dropping out every so often.  So all in all, vm or the sub contractor are coming out to replace the cable. So hopefully it’ll be back on soon. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

3 green lights - Power - Hand shake - WiFi

Date booked for cable re run was the 3rd December 2020, which has been and gone and no engineer arrived.
After calling CS @ 0800, (Best time by the way only on hold for 10 minutes) put thru to the tech team, who advised me to switch hub back on and now have 3 green lights, Power (solid), hand shake (flashing) WiFi (solid). 

No explanation given by the tech team, so I’m none the wiser. Oh apart from it still doesn’t work. 

After checking admin page status shows ‘Internet Access Denied’ 70410441-BDC1-4C75-8B14-18C28DE79CD8.jpeg

so I know it’s broke, putting this out there for ideas / for others. 

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3 green lights - Power - Hand shake - WiFi

@Anonymous Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok..I can't offer help on this as my replacement hub 3, arrived yesterday..has similar issues. It alternates between top wifi light flashing top arrows flashing..bottom led flashing and when one flashes the other is solid. It was fine when I set it up but when switched to modem only it bricked. Can't log in..wont reset. So useless. Waited an hour on the phone but was cut off. So put my old one back. After reading a post on here..and a lot of misdirection..a red power light is not necessarily overheating. A 60 sec reset cleared it. Then had to do same to asus router...DCHP error. White light on hub3 and everything fine. Still working this morning. I may next week put the bricked unit on and see if I can get online support to reset it and put it in modem mode. I had to do this with my original hub 3... 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@todger1 wrote:

Ok..I can't offer help on this as my replacement hub 3, arrived yesterday..has similar issues. It alternates between top wifi light flashing top arrows flashing..bottom led flashing and when one flashes the other is solid. It was fine when I set it up but when switched to modem only it bricked. Can't log in..wont reset. So useless. Waited an hour on the phone but was cut off. So put my old one back. After reading a post on here..and a lot of misdirection..a red power light is not necessarily overheating. A 60 sec reset cleared it. Then had to do same to asus router...DCHP error. White light on hub3 and everything fine. Still working this morning. I may next week put the bricked unit on and see if I can get online support to reset it and put it in modem mode. I had to do this with my original hub 3... 

what bricked unit - all the answers are in your post - i accept you may not understand but - start with all equipment needs activating

so

you removed a working - overheating? hub and installed a new one that would not work and had a flashing green light

you removed it - added the old one back and it worked - no great surprise

why 

again new hubs need activating - the process of doing that de activates the old hub

so you work it out  

Tony
0 Kudos