Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Flashing green light HUB 3

Hi, my internet has been down all afternoon and virgin haven't been able to help on the phone.

Hub 3 - The wifi light is a solid green and the power light is flashing green. I gave reset the box multiple times, turned it off and on again and am slowly loosing my mind!

They cant send an engineer until the weekend and i work from home so i cant do anything without the internet.

Any advice would be  greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing green light HUB 3

@Lmcardle0307 wrote:

Hi, my internet has been down all afternoon and virgin haven't been able to help on the phone.

Hub 3 - The wifi light is a solid green and the power light is flashing green. I gave reset the box multiple times, turned it off and on again and am slowly loosing my mind!

They cant send an engineer until the weekend and i work from home so i cant do anything without the internet.

Any advice would be  greatly appreciated. 

Wait for the engineer?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that helpful answer. Im hoping someone may be able to suggest a way to fix it myself without being 2 days out of work. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Not if it’s a cabling or cab issue

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Would it be one of those if it just suddenly stopped working? It was working fine until 12:30.

we have had the box for over a year so nothing has changed with the cabling since it was first installed. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Lmcardle0307 wrote:

Would it be one of those if it just suddenly stopped working? It was working fine until 12:30.

we have had the box for over a year so nothing has changed with the cabling since it was first installed. 

External cabling.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We have exactly the same problem and it was also around 12.30pm yesterday.

I am now waiting for a call back from a technician. Not very good when I need it for work and son needs it for college. I'll let you know if there's a quick fix. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! 

i know, ive had to take today off work and likely tomorrow too. Not good enough! 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Outages happen. There’s nothing that can be done.

If you require the internet for work then get a backup line or a 3G/4G router. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We had the same problem with our hub for two weeks straight. Called Virgin repeatedly and they said they’d send someone “today or tomorrow”. Tomorrow never came and we switched to an entirely new plan. Got the new HUB3 router in the mail yesterday and it worked just fine until this morning. Now it’s exactly the same thing again. 

I’ve missed two weeks of Uni for this nonsense now. Really hope they’d get their act together and come fix the internet but they just don’t seem to care that much for as long as the bills keep getting paid. 

0 Kudos