Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Flashing green WiFi

Hi, the man came this morning and fitted a new hub 3 (well, he said it wasn't new but a reconditioned one) my old hub was the one with the blue lights on the front

Now, all of a sudden, the green WiFi light has started flashing. I haven't pressed the WPS button, in fact I haven't touched the hub since it was installed.

Everthing seems to be working fine and flashing light doesn't bother me but just wanted to know, is this okay or should I call virgin media?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing green WiFi

It's a common issue, it has no effect on the connection and eventually one day it will randomly stop

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The approved fixes are: 

Black tape (so you can't see it)

Turning the router away from you (again, so you can't see it) 

Ignoring it. 

Seriously. 

A reboot can fix it in the short term, but it's usually not worth the hassle. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@BobbyR wrote:

Hi, the man came this morning and fitted a new hub 3 (well, he said it wasn't new but a reconditioned one) my old hub was the one with the blue lights on the front

Now, all of a sudden, the green WiFi light has started flashing. I haven't pressed the WPS button, in fact I haven't touched the hub since it was installed.

Everthing seems to be working fine and flashing light doesn't bother me but just wanted to know, is this okay or should I call virgin media?

Thanks

...its actually a bug in the firmware which causes the light to randomly flash sometimes even when the Hub is working perfectly normal.

It can be made to stop flashing (read Post 12) : https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Green-Wifi-Flashing-Light-AGAIN/m-p/4244829...

😉

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you press the pair WPS button this sometimes stops the flashing.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone, as it doesn't affect anything and it doesn't really bother me, I will just leave it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey there BobbyR,

I can confirm that there is a known bug for the WiFi light to be flashing for some of our customers but it's not service affecting. I've had a quick look at your details but can confirm that everything looks okay and please do pop back if you do start seeing problems so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos