Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Flashing green Internet light & slow speed

Hey.

Having unusually low speed on my 100mbps WiFi.   

At the beginning of this week I noticed that all the lights on the hub 3 were lit up and green even the power light was green. Turned it off than on again. The power light is yellow/white now but the WiFi and telephone is green and the Internet is flashing green. 

Tried everything: factory reset, turned it off and left it for a long period of time than on again, checked cable connections and they’re fine.

My speed is still slow around 40mbps standing next to the router, before it was 105mbps in the room next to the router

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing green Internet light & slow speed

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

if the power light is flashing green you have no connection to the network - however you say you do have but its slow - thats impossible afaik - so either the connection is working or its not - the other lights make no sense also

if you have a connection do you have any wired devices - what speed do they report - if the problem is wifi then have you reset the hub - if so you will be running with default settings - you need to split the wifi bands and turn off smart wifi

Tony
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@MikeRobbo wrote:

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

good questions but the OP is on 100 so cable really does not matter and a 10/100 card will give a good speeds upto 100

Tony
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

E1E03DFE-5975-40BB-BAB2-3383039429CD.jpeg

Thanks for the quick replies

unfortunately I can’t test wired because I don’t have an Apple Ethernet adapter. 
I’ve attached a photo of my hub 3.(hopefully you’ll see it). The Internet light is flashing constantly

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

@MikeRobbo wrote:

good questions but the OP is on 100 so cable really does not matter and a 10/100 card will give a good speeds upto 100

Trying to get an overall picture of the OPs set up.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Which light is flashing from here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

None of those apply for me.

WiFi light on and green. Internet connection light flashing green. telephone light on and green. Power light yellow

Edit: please view the image above

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos