cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Red Light on Hub4

kchika
Joining in

Hi there,

My wifi has been dropping and hub4 has been flashing red since last night.

All cables appear to be fine, I have rebooted and reset.

My post code is W13. Any help is wecome.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Portery
Fibre optic

Have you checked the service checker https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status or the my vm app.  It may not show anything At the moment but when the lines open and move people ring in it will pop on with an f number with an eta. If you click on the status section on the vm app and click on I’ve got a problem it should give you an option for a tech if there is a fault that appears they will cancel the tech and send you notification. 

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kchika 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having 😔 Have you tried following the advice provided by @Portery?

If that hasn't given any clarity on the situation, we'd suggest following the general advice on fixing internet problems here.

Please keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Regards,

Daniel

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Daniel_Et wrote:

Hi @kchika👋Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having 😔 Have you tried following the advice provided by @Portery?

If that hasn't given any clarity on the situation, we'd suggest following the general advice on fixing internet problems here.

Please keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Regards,

Daniel

not much help there from VM - maybe it would be helpful if they told you what the red light means - assuming they know - its pretty certain its an external fault as you are being told you are not connected to the network - the standard advice is a reboot - a reset and check all cables - you have done that so its down to VM 

what the agents here are going to do by you keeping them updated is a mystery but all boxes have been ticked by staff - they have been in the thread - posted something [not very helpful] and moved on

so if its an external fault it likely to resolve itself if VM are working on something - you can ring it it and book a tech but that may be cancelled if its a known area fault

VM could have said all that but dont seem to want to these days

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Max2112
Joining in

Exactly the same here in SW8 6/8/23. No fault reported on website. All rebooted and still nothing…test your hub doesn’t work just “sorry try again later”. All useless to a working from home situation. Waiting for a WhatsApp agent to reply now…digging in!

Hi @Max2112 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Please make your own thread in future 🙂

I am sorry to hear of any broadband issues and thanks for letting us know you'd ran the tests on the status page. You can also call the status line on 0800 561 0061.

On Wednesday however, there was an overall issue with the system so apologies for that.

There's no system issues showing so I do hope everything is sorted. Please pop back to the community should you need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill