cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestick lost connection hub 5

Paulbot
Joining in

Firestick lost connection to hub it says no internet when trying to connect I have done all usual stuff rebooting each etc multiple times and trying to connect using eps. Also same when right next to router any ideas before I ring VM

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paul, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you have been having connection issues with your firestick. To help diagnose what the issue may be, and then offer troubleshooting steps here's some questions for you:

• Has the firestick ever had a successful connection to the hub?
  • When you reset the hub did you do a full factory reset? (Also known as a pinhole reset)?
  • Prior to resetting the hub, did you have any personalised Hub settings? (For example, split Wi-Fi bands)?
  • Are you getting a specific error code or message when trying to connection the firestick?

Let us know, and we will offer further support! All the best. 

Molly

Hi there, no modifications that I know of HOWEVER I have found the problem. On the VM Connect app it said I had 2 items PAUSED which were connected to HUB 5.These were both my fire sticks not any other devices just them . I unpaused them and they are now back to normal. 
I have no idea how they became paused in the first place and find it strange that it was just the fire sticks and no other connected devices !!

Hi there @Paulbot

Thank you so much for your popping back to us and I am so glad to hear that the firestick is now working! 

I'm so sorry to hear it was accidentally paused, but I'm so glad it's now been figured out! 

If you do need any help in the future then please reach out via the forums and we will do all we can to help.

Thanks again.