Menu
dave8618
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Finding router but no internet

Hi

Woke up this morning to no internet. Tried many thing...rebooting, resetting have tried a brand new hub 3 router but nothing seems to be working.

Running the diagnostic tool tells me Gateway IPv4 is not valid. It then asks me to order a new router which having a new router to hand I have already done. 

I'm supposed to be in classes all this week but I'm currently doing my course work on a mobile phone and data but this will not last for the week. 

If anyone has any ideas what the problem could be I'd really appreciate it. Thanks 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Finding router but no internet

What are the lights on the hub doing?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
dave8618
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Its only the power light that's coming on for both routers

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Both routers?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
dave8618
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yep I have one I got from a friend which I was currently using and a brand new one which was just out of the box today 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

A virgin hub?

You can't "borrow" virgin hubs - they are tied to the account they're assigned to, and also property of Virgin Media and should be returned if no longer required.

If you've received a new hub, you need to connect it up and wait for it to activate.

0 Kudos
dave8618
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've tried with both hubs. I've plugged the old one back in and currently its showing a solid white power light and a flashing green data arrows light 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The hub that isn't yours won't work.

If you've been sent a hub to use, again, you need to leave it connected to allow it to activate.

0 Kudos
dave8618
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I tried that still the same issue. I dont believe the issue is coming from using another hub as I have now tried this with both.

I have also tried replacing the cable that come from the box to the hub also with no luck

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@dave8618 wrote:

I tried that still the same issue. I dont believe the issue is coming from using another hub as I have now tried this with both.

I have also tried replacing the cable that come from the box to the hub also with no luck

What cable? The coax cable? And if so where did you get the coax from?

0 Kudos