Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Finally got internet speed up....now it doesn't connect

Hi all

Had the hub 3 now for over a year with promised speed of 200mbps.....I have only ever topped 100 at a push, maybe once. Called, text etc all of it, my internet connection is fine apparently. But clearly not as the usual speed is a diabolical 6mbps if I'm lucky. So you can imagine the frustration of the past year....

Well, finally, work has been carried out in my area. Internet test shows 169-204mbps! Oh the joys! Happy time, maybe we can actually use the intern....oh, whats this? Hmm connected, not connected, connected, not connected. Over and over every second. This is on every internet capable device in the house. So now, I have yhe speed but the inability to use it.

Checked the app, tells me I have great connection,  except I'm using 4G. So clearly the app can't tell. Then sat practically on top of the box and I can stay connected but now the connect app apparently can't connect to the hub whatsoever so not only can I not use the internet, the hub doesn't know what its doing and the app doesn't have a clue and I'm getting fobbed off left, right and centre by customer services telling me everything is fine. Alls I wanted to do was do a scan of the house to be avke to see abiht a WiFi booster in the back bedroom as its a dead zone but I can't even do that because the app can't find the hub!

I'm ready to leave virgin for someone else who I can actually get online with and i don't care if its even half the speeds of Virgin, at least it would be something. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Finally got internet speed up....now it doesn't connect

It would be useful to verify whether this is a WiFi only problem. What do you get with a wired connection?

The normal starting point for diagnostics will be a router reset (assuming you've already tried a standard power recycle).

M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes, all issues with WiFi in general. Wired, wireless, it doesnt matter. Every test has been performed, turned off and on, factory reset, devices turned  off and on, WiFi cleared in them etc. Nothing has made a difference. 

Been speaking to customer services for the past 3 hours going round and round. The third person has now told me that there is a fault with the hub and is sending a replacement. Why this couldn't have been told to me a year ago when yhe problem started I'll never know but heres to hoping the new one works properly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @jessicabarlow

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for popping back with a recent update  to your broadband issues. We are sorry that you;ve been having issues for such an extended time with no resolution; certainly not our usual standard of care. 

I have located your account and can see that you've had your new hub for just under a week - how are things looking at your end? 

I see it's been a couple of days since your last reboot and we have no known area issues listed for your region. I can't see any errors showing and all signal levels are within the parameters we would expect for your package. 

If you're still having issues, please do pop back and let us know and we can go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes, I received the new box. There are still some issues throughout the day where only 2-6mb speeds are available and nit even at peak times and only one device online but we also definitely get a minimum of 150mb a lot more too and I can also access the app now. 

I still have a black zone at the back of the house upstairs though so want to look into a wifi booster but am not getting any options available to get one.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jessicabarlow,

I have had another look at things this end for you, and our system has identified that at least one device is connected to the wrong wireless frequency band. This may be causing you some problems with your speed and connection stability. I'd recommend performing a factory reset on the router and seeing if that helps improve things.

In regards to the boosters, I can arrange for some to be sent out to you from here if you'd like. Let me know and I'll pop you over a private message.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes please do send me a PM. Much appreciated. Will check the devices.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jessicabarlow,

Thanks for coming back so quickly. Brill, I will send you over a pm now 🙂

Regards,

Beth