Menu
Highlighted
Grannystick
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fibre constantly dropping out

My fibre is constantly dropping out, has been doing this for at least 5 days. I’ve tried ringing & opting for texts to be kept up to date .... no texts

I’ve tried online chat ..... never had a response 

how am do I speak to someone to get it fixed? I’m running now out of data on my phone due to the constant drops 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fibre constantly dropping out

Hello

Is this happening on wired and wireless ?

What is the status of the lights on the hub when it happens ?

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also....
Have you checked for “known network faults”?
As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.
If nothing shows on there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if there is a known fault possible, get a fault reference number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Grannystick
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s been constantly dropping on WiFi since the 1st nov. Box lights can say it’s all ok but no internet. I’ve done the service check and it says no problems but Virgin tells me it’s an outage in the area.  First they said it would be fixed by the 6th, then 11th, now they say 19th. 

My first year with Virgin & I’m not impressed tbh. It isn’t the first time we’ve had the same issue but never for this length of time. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grannystick,

Thanks for using the forums to get your issues resolved, I know how frustrating it can be when your services aren't at their best. I'd love to try and help. 

So first of all what I'd like to check is if your wires, cables and connections are all connected tightly, pay close attention to the Coax cable and splitter as these can be the usual suspects in this case.

Is the WIFI dropping on all devices at once or is it just on those that are furthest away from the HUB?

You can use the Connect App to see if there are any black spots in your home, if it senses any issues it will instruct you on how to purchase WIFI boosters. 

Let me know what you find and if tightening the cables work in securing a good WIFI signal 🙂

Kind regards, 

Megan_L 

0 Kudos