Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Fibre and tv

Last 3 weeks been having major problems with my fibre. Every time i reset, it lasts 1hr then problem arises again.

Now the tv channels are messing about and finding it hard to watch anything.

Cannot report on the phone line as we dont have that connected at the main line outside due to not needing to use it as we all have mobiles.

Any permanent fixes available all i get from virgin is they are trying to fix it which is understandably not acceptable, especially as the family are taking staggered holidays over the last 2 weeks and for the next 2 weeks also. 

Definetly need to put a complaint in, paying for 500mb fibre and getting nothing is a joke.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fibre and tv

sound like there is a known issue - for more info - as well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage", there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

You can still call faults in on a mobile --- 08.00 sharp is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through ok at other times. Go to “Retentions” on 150 VM or 0345 454 1111 on other mobile networks - options 1-1-4-4- "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you with more information.

If you want some technical help post more details of your equipment and the specific issues you are having

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.