Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fibre Keeps Dropping Out

Hello,

For the past month or so I have been permanently working from home and I have seen my WiFi coverage drop out for a couple of minutes several times a day, this is very frustrating when half way through a Webex conference call!.

The location of my devices throughout my home is not the issue as when we lose connection it affects all devices (laptops, phones, PC, Sky box).

when I suffer a drop out it takes even more time to reconnect to my work secure servers all over again so a two minute drop out puts me offline for a much longer period of time.

Please can Virgin look at this as I need a constant connection to be able to work from home. Also if there are any knowledgeable people reading this that can help I would very much appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Dan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fibre Keeps Dropping Out

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - but may require account and area reference details If you still have an issue send me a private message.

I will need to test your services remotely.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

Please send me a PM (info below) with your account number and area ref and I can take a look at this for you.

Many Thanks, Chris

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does a wired connection also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visiting tomorrow morning to check (externally) the up and down levels which a remote test appears to say are abnormal.

Have to say - pretty slick from Virgin (Chris) if it solves my issues

Thanks also Alex for your help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Chris

i have the exact same issue as described and I’ve been trying to resolve it for the last month. So far I’ve had a new modem and a technician came last night and supposedly fixed it. This am I got dropped out of a Zoom call so clearly still have the issue.

My speeds are good m, faster than ever, but I’ve having to restart my modem 4/5 times a day which is a nightmare when you’re working on cloud docs and via Zoom.

ive just spent 2 hours on hold trying to speak to someone and after an hour got kicked out of the queue...twice. 

I don’t suppose you can offer any help?

thanks

jen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@JenG wrote:

Hey Chris

i have the exact same issue as described and I’ve been trying to resolve it for the last month. So far I’ve had a new modem and a technician came last night and supposedly fixed it. This am I got dropped out of a Zoom call so clearly still have the issue.

My speeds are good m, faster than ever, but I’ve having to restart my modem 4/5 times a day which is a nightmare when you’re working on cloud docs and via Zoom.

ive just spent 2 hours on hold trying to speak to someone and after an hour got kicked out of the queue...twice. 

I don’t suppose you can offer any help?

thanks

jen

Please start your own thread if you require assistance 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi