cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty since joining support is terrible

Mnm2397
Tuning in

Constant disconnections since joining on the 1gig plan using Hub 5x which I've only just found out is a trial and seems to be rolled out just to beat the competition as it's not ready!

I've sat on hold for hours after.only being with virgin for a matter of weeks, first bill paid @£107 and I've had a sub par service. When I've rang for help it's been cut off 4/5 times after waiting 20/30 minutes.

My most recent call and they said they can't find my account and they will call back, still waiting.

My broadband constantly cuts off and I've had a tech guy out from virgin which was arranged via a virgin employee from this forum (this has been the only helpful employee) and the tech guy showed me the device and it shows what I know which is continuous drop outs.

He carried out work on the line to my house he described it as scoping the lines and cleaning muck on the lines, unfortunately this hasn't resolved the problem and the drop outs continued after he had left.

I need someone from virgin to look in to this and arrange to have the network checked up to cabinets/pole whatever it could be as the price I'm paying for a service that's not working is shocking. I've been given details of the auto compensation scheme which seems to cover total loss but doesn't mention anything about the problems I'm having where it's intermittent but enough to disrupt the service mainly when online gaming.

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apparently there is a "ring fenced" team for the Hub 5X, and these are the people you need to talk to.  How you do that, I've no idea.  Any numbers I've seen on these threads are just the standard CS number.  Maybe they are supposed to transfer you to this team?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm on to them now, I'll see if I can be put through to them and if I get a direct number I'll post here.

Sishake
On our wavelength

You’ll be lucky. **bleep** poor service ours is so slow. Then when you finally receive a response you get a boost or get what you pay for, then when you’ve calmed down they drop it back off. Crap crap crap

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Set up a BQM

I understand lots of other 5X users are seeing metronomic hourly spikes in latency. It seems VM continues to be carrying out mass remote monitoring of XGS-PON connections that might be causing this.

There is a test team email address on here somewhere (DM me). 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mnm2397,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with your router and broadband connection recently. I can see that another member of the community has advised calling along with one of my colleagues offering assistance on another thread you've made about this.

We'll continue to assist you from there going forward. 

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!