cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty router

papamilks
Joining in

I have been chasing a reply from an agent to discuss an ongoing fault. All i get is a bot or a virtual assistant 

10 REPLIES 10

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please fully describe your problem,

Setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides diagnosis of any underlying issues and also provide some stats.

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.
    • Do NOT post photos or screen shots they will be rejected as they contain MAC addresses. The board software will automatically change MAC addresses to **:** if done as above.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hello thanks for your reply I have got into the hub welcome page and I cannot see any check router status. I can’t see any of the tabs you mention 

image.jpg

papamilks
Joining in

This has been on going for a few months pages take ages to load then the next time it’s almost instant 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you login?  On the Hub3 the "router status" icon is towards the bottom/middle of the first "login page" 

Just click that

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

papamilks
Joining in

Thanks 

IMG_4406.jpeg

IMG_4405.jpeg

IMG_4406.jpeg

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @papamilks,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and sorry to see that you're having some issues with your broadband connection!

I've taken a look at our system and I cannot see any issues with your power levels and no issues in your local area either. Can you please set up a BQM graph so that we can see when these issue occurr?

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

you have taken screen shots which contain MAC addresses - I expect the mods will remove the images soon.  Can you do it again as Tudor directed above...

Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

And the BQM at...  https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

many thanks for the advise unfortunately I have very limited knowledge on computers. All I ready want is VM to sort this out. I am very surprised that I can not speak to an actual person. I know that what im doing now put it’s not the same as a phone call surely VM must have a call centre somewhere that they can contact me. I’ve now spent 3 days on this. Sorry for the rant been a VM customer for years but maybe not much longer 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"I can not speak to an actual person" you will get better service with VM members on the board and experienced users that an overseas call centre. The actions we have requested of you are not ‘rocket science’, just do them step by step.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2