Menu
Gabedavies
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Faulty fitting by engineer

Hi, anyone know how I can get an engineer back to fix a faulty installation? Call centre wait is 2 hours as usual! Had a new cable installed on Friday and now I can only get wifi in one room - the porch. (previously it was every room in a three storey house. I have tried calling and tried the complaints process but they've responded with a generic email stating a 28 day time frame to 'look into it', even tried calling the engineer but no reponse. 

Kids and I can't work from home and TV is disconnected - lethal combination! Any help gratefully received. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty fitting by engineer

Have you had a new hub? and have you had it installed in the porch? All sounds interesting.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty fitting by engineer

@Gabedavies wrote:

Hi, anyone know how I can get an engineer back to fix a faulty installation? Call centre wait is 2 hours as usual! Had a new cable installed on Friday and now I can only get wifi in one room - the porch. (previously it was every room in a three storey house. I have tried calling and tried the complaints process but they've responded with a generic email stating a 28 day time frame to 'look into it', even tried calling the engineer but no reponse. 

Kids and I can't work from home and TV is disconnected - lethal combination! Any help gratefully received. 

Can you expand on what's been done - as mentioned, all sounds interesting - was the hub moved to a different location for some reason?  You asked for the hub to be moved?  Did you 'sign off' the job with the engineer without a demonstration that the connections were there?

If you need to ring try at 08:00 in the morning - but I'm wondering if there's another solution, depending on the circumstances?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos