Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Router

Yesterday all wired connections to my router stopped working. WiFi is still fine but no wired connection works. The cables are all fine. I've had errors with DHCP as the Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration - This is on ALL wired devices (not just one) so it's definitely the router at fault.

Things I've tried:

• Power cycled router (several times for extended periods of time)
  • Factory Reset the router
  • The above two while also having all ethernet cables unplugged and plugging them back in one by one to see if one is causing an issue
  • Restarted the DHCP server
  • Assigned reserved IP rules
  • Static IP's
  • IP release, renew and DNS flush etc
  • My patience while being on hold for 2 HOURS only to be cut off, and then when phoning back told that they're to busy and to call back tomorrow.

I don't have time to be on hold 2 hours every day only to get nowhere. I work during the day so can't call earlier.

What's the easiest/quickest way to get a new router sent out or at least someone to come sort it out?

Thanks,
-Simon

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Router

@nomissivraj wrote:

Yesterday all wired connections to my router stopped working. WiFi is still fine but no wired connection works. The cables are all fine. I've had errors with DHCP as the Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration - This is on ALL wired devices (not just one) so it's definitely the router at fault.

Things I've tried:

• Power cycled router (several times for extended periods of time)
  • Factory Reset the router
  • The above two while also having all ethernet cables unplugged and plugging them back in one by one to see if one is causing an issue
  • Restarted the DHCP server
  • Assigned reserved IP rules
  • Static IP's
  • IP release, renew and DNS flush etc
  • My patience while being on hold for 2 HOURS only to be cut off, and then when phoning back told that they're to busy and to call back tomorrow.

I don't have time to be on hold 2 hours every day only to get nowhere. I work during the day so can't call earlier.

What's the easiest/quickest way to get a new router sent out or at least someone to come sort it out?

Thanks,
-Simon

You have three options:

• Wait for a VM staff member to reply on here (Currently 5 - 7 days).
  • Text VM on 07533 051 809.
  • Phone customer services on 0345 454 1111.
0 Kudos