Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fault with router

Hi my internet seemed to stop working yesterday morning. I've tried to re set it all and find the problem it looks like the router cable has bent. It's out of reach but my son is the only person who would go where it is so I'm assuming hes knocked it somehow. Ive rang virgin they said they could sent out an engineer but would cost £100 to repair. But I'm assuming its accidental damage and I think it's a bit ridiculous to pay so much money for a new cable. It would be cheaper for me to cancel and go with another company if that's the case. Is this correct? 

Natalie 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault with router

Call outs are free for faults.
I don’t believe accidental damage is covered.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful.

Explain the situation and see what they say, They seem to have the power of God over other departments.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you're not in a fixed term contract, then don't pay the £99 fee - if it's their kit, they're responsible for keeping it fit for purpose.  If need be switch ISP.

However, I'll flag this for the forum staff because they're a helpful bunch and I think you've been incorrectly advised.  I can only assume that a lot of VM telephone agents were recruited from the same shallow, stagnant talent pool as the current government.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Damage would usually be something that would incur a charge, however I've sent you a private message to get a few more details regarding this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos