Menu
Joeschmoe
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fault in area 22 London E4

Hello

so I live in area 22 (e4 London) and the internet has been dropping since before Xmas so at least 10 weeks 

the website infuriatingly never states there is an issue but once I’ve been on hold for two hours on the phone or 8 on the pc the agent immediately tells me there is an issue with the cabinet and it’s will be fixed on (insert date which then passes while the issue persists here)

does anyone know if virgin still employ engineers? 

will I ever be able to work efficiently from home?

why the hell don’t they tell you there’s an issue

how can you charge 55 quid a month for a service you don’t provide for a whole ten weeks?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault in area 22 London E4

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode and street cab levels.

These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault in area 22 London E4

Also in Area 22. Speed and service has been great over the last year.

Cant fault VM in this pandemic.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos