Menu
Anne61
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Failing broadband service

Hi 

last week my broadband stopped working due to a fault (no known issues apparently but virgin identified a fault in my area) it took 18 hours to resolve.  Since then  service has dropped off many times.  I’m suspicious that since I dropped to just broadband service I am having issues whereas in the last year I had not had a single issue when I had phone tv and broadband.

I called today when service dropped again to be told I need a WiFi box for £5 month which I can have for free for six months.  I’m not a tech expert by any means but how is this box going to help if I don’t have broadband getting to my house. Apparently diagnostic tests indicate I need this.  I’m not normally having WiFi issues just connection issues.  Is virgin media service deteriorating or am I just being unlucky at the moment.  When it’s running it’s about 112 mbps no WiFi issues - it’s when I can’t get a speed test done because there’s “an error” that I can’t watch tv or load web pages.

will this box they are trying to persuade me tgst I need be of any use ? 

thank you for any help you can offer 

Anne 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failing broadband service

How do wired devices behave in comparison?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Anne61

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues, could you reboot the hub for me so I can review the power levels upon the reboot please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anne61
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi it was reset yesterday afternoon and was working but then stopped again this afternoon. Do  you need me to turn it off and then back on again today 

Anne 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Anne61

Please do reboot just once more now, let me know once done 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anne61
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

All done - thank you 

anne

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Anne, the levels are showing a small issue in which we believe will only be short term and will be fixed very soon. How long has the internet issues been going on for now?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Anne61
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

it first went down last Sunday evening about 6 and was back on at 12 midday on Monday.  It’s been falling off at least once a day sometimes twice since then 

thank you for all your help 

anne 

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Anne61

Please keep an eye on your private messages for me as i'm going to send you a message now to collect some more information.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

0 Kudos