Menu
ackyuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

[FAO VM Team] I Need a Replacement Hub

Hello,

My hub 3.0 worked fine until recently. Now even though the lights on the hub don't indicate an issue: power light is white as per 'normal' and the other lights are unlit), the WIFI network isn't visible to any of my devices whilst the ethernet connection is fine.

I've tried both restarting the hub and hard resetting it via the hole on the hub. After a reset, the WIFI network IS available and I can then set up an SSID for each frequency and change the passwords etc. However this is not a permanent fix. After a day or less, the same thing happens. The WIFI network disappears even though the ethernet ports work fine and I need reset the hub again then change all the settings only for the to disappear a short time afterwards.

I have tried calling support but he wait times are exceedingly long due to C19. Is there any way a VM team member can assist me with getting a replacement hub please? This was a self install so I don't need an engineer visit just a new, or new to me, hub.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: [FAO VM Team] I Need a Replacement Hub

VM staff can take 5-10 days to respond on here.

So in the meantime, when the SSID's disappear and you log into the Hub settings what does it show in the SSID boxes? Is it blank?

There are reports of a bug in the recent firmware where it gets reset to "1".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ackyuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: [FAO VM Team] I Need a Replacement Hub

I am aware that it will take some time before I get a response from the VM team. The issue you describe is not the issue I am having though. I appreciate your intent but I need assistance from VM.
0 Kudos