forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
QuickCloud19
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Extended Isolator Cable

Hi All,

I've just moved into my new home and after finally getting my head around how the previous owner set up the fibre box and inputs into the house I've found that I now need a longer Isolator cable for the Superhub & 360 TV Box from where it's coming in through the wall. 

How do I go about getting my hands on a longer isolator cable, around 10m long?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extended Isolator Cable

I'm assuming you mean the F type cable from the wall socket - typically to a splitter and then the TV box & Hub ?

In theory one could buy such from various websites, but you are supposed to use VM cables to avoid potential degradation of the VM signal for you and your neighbours.  Ring VM and request one - they may (will likely) need to send a technician round and also check the power levels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extended Isolator Cable

It's £99 for a non fault visit to extend cables, as you cannot install any extensions yourself.  It has to be done by an engineer.

0 Kudos