Menu
wayneold
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Every night my wifi disconnects and devices cannot obtain IP address

We have the new Hub 4 and speeds are good. Unfortunately every night all devices disconnect and then many cannot connect to an internet connection in the morning
I have reset the hub, factory reset also but this happens every night.
Apple devices are connected but all TVs, ring cameras, Amazon devices cannot connect to the internet and say...
OBTAINING IP ADDRESS and will not connect. Ive switched off the Hub 4 etc but only a factory reset works for 24 Hrs

Ive tried calling the help lines but you might as well dial a random phone number and expect you high school teacher from 1988 to answer!

Argghhhhhhhhh

can anyone please help? The devices connected (mainly apple) work at 500MB but the others simply wont connect and get an IP address 😞

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Every night my wifi disconnects and devices cannot obtain IP address

Just to be clear - do the Apple devices remain connected normally all through and its just the other devices that dont? Also are they connected on ethernet cables or on wifi? If on wifi - are the ones that drop connecting normally on the 2.4 or 5 GHz band?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos