Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet not working / ports light off

Hi everyone,

Recently joined VM and so far everything running smoothly. As the lockdown looms more devices will be connected on the Wifi so I want to divert some traffic through ethernet to connect for example the TV which is close enough to the Box/Router to connect with cable.

However, when trying to connect the TV to the Box (or any other device) ethernet is not working. I read in other threads that there is supposed to be green lights at the ports but mine are not lit at all.

I started to turn the router off and on as well as a reset with the button on the back. The Box modell is 3

Any recommendations?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet not working / ports light off

try a factory reset. which is keeping the reset button de-pressed for at least 60 seconds (until the hub reboots on its own).

also, the lights will only come on if there is network traffic detected, have you tried different ethernet cables to rule out faulty or wrong cables?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I did order some new cables because I suspected that was the issue. However, the issue pervails so I will try the factory reset as next step. Thanks for the adivce!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A warm welcome to our Community Forum marv1992 and sorry to hear about your connection issues. I'm unsure whether you're still having problems since you last posted but I've had a nosey at your details using the information we have on here and can see that there is a  local area fault that may be affecting your broadband and TV services. The estimated fix time is 13/11 and our engineers are already on the cased trying to fix it.

I'm sorry about the fault but please wait until it clears and let us know if you're still having problems with your connection so we can take another look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos