Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet connection drops every few seconds

I have two Super Hub 3's, my old one and a new one that Virgin had sent me. I am connecting to them by ethernet cable (I have tried multiple cables) and pinging 192.168.0.1. The connection drops every few seconds! I have tried removing the cable that the Super Hub uses to connect to the internet but the problem persists. Any idea what could be causing this behaviour? I have a hunch that the ethernet connection goes down because the router reboots, but I have no way of proving this. Also, just to be clear, I have tried connecting the same laptop to another network via ethernet and it works. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet connection drops every few seconds

You can only have one Hub on the WAN Cable and a Hub 3 cannot be used as a router on the LAN side of another Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for not explaining this properly. When I said that I have two Super Hubs, I did not mean that I am trying to connect them at the same time, I meant that I have tried one -- then the other. I am getting this issue regardless of which Super Hub I use. The connection diagram is really simple really: Outlet => Super Hub ==(ethernet)==> Laptop.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is the new hub activated?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilipAtz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch and for the issues you've been having, we have been busier than usual lately. 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and can see that you've since spoken to the team about this. 

Do you still need further assistance? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, thanks, this has been resolved. There were two issues; there was a problem with the line and at the same time I had been sent a second router which had not been activated. A technician came in the end who fixed our line and then someone showed up to collect the non-activated router, since it was not needed.

0 Kudos