Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet Dropping on Hub 3.0

The ethernet side of my Hub 3.0 keeps dropping out.  The wifi side remains OK.  Does anyone know how to fix please?   Do I just need a new router?   

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ethernet Dropping on Hub 3.0

Have you tried a pinhole reset?  That's the last thing you can do.  If that doesn't work then you'll need a replacement because chances are it is failed joint for example between the ethernet ports and the hub's circuit board.  If that looks to be the case you can try phoning it in (personally I wouldn't) or wait for the forum staff to pick up your post, which could take a few days as they're very busy at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply -  a real person at last!   

Yes, after two power resets and a reset triggered from being logged on to the router, I then tried the pin hole reset.  None of these brought the ethernet side back to life.  It seems intermittent - it dropped Saturday early evening (and spoilt our film night) then was back on a few hours later.  Sunday, though, it dropped and stayed off.   

Anything I can do to catch the eye of the forum staff?   

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You have three choices ...

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time)

Or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along. If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

Or use the text message service on 07533051809 - about 24 hours for a reply.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Mike.  

Do you have the number to call in on?   

What does "bumping the thread" mean?  (I'm not sure what I mustn't do!)  

Thanks again!  

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

150 from a VM landline will get you through - just don't expect the phone to be answered quickly unless you're very lucky.  Indeed, if you do get answered quickly and get a helpful response, rush out and buy a lottery ticket.

"Bumping" means replying to your own post with "Are we there yet?" comments.  This is a tried and failed approach, because this is a community forum, and the working assumption is that a thread with replies is work in progress rather than somebody waiting for help.

Can you not connect more devices over wifi as a short term expedient?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I tried 150 yesterday.  After a series of automated questions it directed me to the website, told me the call centre was shut due to Covid and ended the call.   

I am moving things over to wifi but signal strength is an issue and the extended I have plugs into one of the ethernet ports ....!  

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Jomada 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Apologies for the delay in response and the issues you've had when calling in, we have been very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

Are you still having issues with a wired connection today? Are all wireless connections working well? 

Let me know and I'll do my best to help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos