Menu
Eastcraigs
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Estate Wide Issues

Hi. Our estate has been experiencing broadband and wifi issues for a few months now - so much so that neighbours have established a WhatsApp group to try and track the commonality of issues.  Typically someone will post “wifi down at No 21” and neighbours will chip in with “same here at 43” etc - you get the idea.  So - how do we interact with Virgin from an estate perspective?  Individual neighbours have contacted Virgin directly when it seems their entire broadband has gone down but there definitely appears to be an ongoing problem of wifi dropping across a number of households at the same time - perhaps only for minutes - probably no more than 30 mins.  Some of us have got into the habit of running ookla Speedtests to help gather data - and I’ve noticed on a couple of occasions that our local Virgin server in Edinburgh has been unavailable and the Speedtest has linked to Glasgow or Gateshead. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Estate Wide Issues

What does it say on the ”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), and also on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061?

The 0800 nuber usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so the phone may give you more info about the estate, but even that may not cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos