Menu
RKE01
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Equipment Return Broadband

Hi all,

My broadband was correctly disconnected on 28/01/2021, following my request to terminate, as I moved address and no longer required this service at my new property. I provided my new address on 31/01/2021 by phone when I called to terminate and in a letter, also dated 31/01/2021, which Virgin Media acknowledged having received when I called. I was told on 31/01/2021 by phone that I would not need to return my equipment.

I received the final invoice, a credit cheque etc. and this was all fine.

However, despite being told that I would not be required to return my equipment (due to its age) I have received a number of emails since saying that an engineer will attend my old address to pick up the equipment. I called customer services each time to advise I am not at the address and was told kit bags would be sent to my new address. These have not been received. I also chatted with chat agent and was told an engineer would attend my new address on a specific day and time window. I have also used the specific online link to request kit bags. Nothing has been successful.

I would be grateful if anyone from Virgin Media could look into this for me and ensure either that I am actually sent kit bags to my new address, or arrange for an engineer to collect the equipment (perhaps by text collection). This should be a simple process, but it is now May and I have still not been able to get this resolved. This has been my worst customer experience with any Company. I am concerned that I am going to end up with a fine, despite having done everything I can.

I have done everything I can from my side to try and resolve this, spending hours and hours of my time. I am not sure why this is proving so difficult. I would really like to avoid having to make formal complaints, follow dispute resolutions processes etc.

Any practical help that anyone from Virgin Media could provide would be very welcome.

Many thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Equipment Return Broadband

Good evening @RKE01 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues returning your equipment.

Are you able to confirm the equipment dose need to be returned? 

Kind regardsm

Zak_M 

0 Kudos