Menu
cableman4347
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Epson wireless printer not printing

Hi all, 

I have seen similar posts and none have applied to my problem.

I have an Epson SX425W which was working fine on the Sky router we just ditched. It has also worked on the new Virgin hub over the weekend. However, it will now not print, any device (we have tried with three) will now not see the printer.

Connected devices show an Epson 25D4C3 connected.....which I am assuming is my printer. There are no other Epson devices in the house. 

Is anyone able to offer a solution please? 

Screenshot_20210201_184922.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Epson wireless printer not printing

I am guessing this is a 2.4GHz only device and has just dropped off the network and cant reconnect.

Have you rebooted the Epson and the Hub? What Hub is it - Hub3 or 4?

If Hub3 have you tried separating the SSID's of the two networks so they are seen as individual ones - and disabled channel optimisation?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Could you also check what IP address your devices are using for the Epson?

cableman4347
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good evening John

Thanks for your reply; I also read this on an old thread, and with a refreshed mind after late evening dabbling yesterday I changed the name of them both, and it worked a treat.

Annoying as these things are, I guess it is older tech in the printer not marrying with the newer tech in the router.

Many thanks for your help.

David

0 Kudos
cableman4347
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

John,

This has just happened again after a Hub 3 reboot (we were having problems with the internet connection).

I logged into the Hub management page to find the 2.4ghz had been renamed to "1" ....most odd! 

So I renamed it as before, with the extension "_2.4ghz" and rebooted everything. But this time it won't connect.

Have you any further experience of this happening please?

Kind regards

David

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Been a lot of posts on this on the fora - the "1" is a nice new feature introduced by VM on their latest firmware update ! 🙂

I never use a Hub's wifi or a Hub3 so no real direct experience of that. I have seen the solution being offered on the fora is just to log into the Hub settings and rename the SSID's as before - apply changes, save and exit.

If that does not work someone else might advise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
cableman4347
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, I will carry out a reset and rinse and repeat in the hope it fixes it again! 

Many thanks for your help 🙂

0 Kudos