cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endless WiFi and Internet problems

dorrpark22
On our wavelength

I switched to virgin 12 months ago. I have had endless WiFi and Internet problems. We had an engineer out and he blamed it on the hub and swapped it out. We still had problems, I thought maybe it's the house. But I moved house and problems still the same. I look at other people complaining on here and its obvious to me there is a problem with virgin. I have tried all the reset procedures, pins, Hub swap outs, customer service calls. I only have a 4 months remaining on the contract but really feel I have had no help in fixing the issue and will move to another provider at the end of this hopeless broadband service. If you can fix between now and then I may be able to change my mind. Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

Hi dorrpark22

Thanks for coming back to us. I've checked and can see that you're in router mode

Everything on our side looks absolutely normal - all of your signal levels are within the normal guidelines.

However your Hub is showing as turned off at the moment on our side, can you please confirm if it's currently switched on our not?

How've things been over this week?

Beth

dorrpark22
On our wavelength

Hi Beth,

Router is on but our Internet has been dropping. We use Alexa devices and they keep losing connection and unable to stream music etc. The only fix is a reboot but this only last for a shirt period before it's gone again. It's completely hopeless and I would either like a proper fix or be let out of the contract early. Many thanks.

5a57431ba2308860dc49f5b5c8df98200626ec73-02-11-2023.png

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dorrpark22 👋

Thanks for providing a further update on this. I've taken a look on our side, and in comparison to your BQM, no dropouts have been identified on the network, including through the period on your BQM where packet loss has been identified.

I have taken a look and can see that you have Channel Optimisation turned off. This can sometimes affect the connections to your WiFi devices and in turn, can be the cause of the dropouts on this method of connection.

There are also no area issues identified or problems with the levels coming into your property. Can you please re-enable Channel Optimisation through your Hub Settings, to see if this improves your WiFi connections?

When the dropouts occur, do you see any lights on your Hub?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,  hear what you are saying but as a family we have endless hassle with it.

I seem to be locked out of the settings so cannot make any changes. I have seen the green WiFi light bounce on and off on some occasions but not always. I have also been sat next to the router and seen WiFi just disappear and then comeback 5 mins later. Cabled devices also lose connection.

BQM seems to be saying there is an issue. 

5a57431ba2308860dc49f5b5c8df98200626ec73-04-11-2023.png

 wonder if should pin reset the device..? Many thanks

Hi dorrpark22,

Do you have a link to your live BQM? Everything from our side is still showing no issues.

Alex_Rm

Hi, so I used a pin for hard reset and things were better for the day. We had full 250mb download speed. A day later things have slowed back to 20mb download speedtest.  wireless dropping out again. Bqm no longer red.

Hi @dorrpark22 👋.

Thanks for the update on this. We would need to bring you in for a private message to look into this further for you. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina