Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Email Settings and Broadband Booster

Can someone please tell me the IMAP and SMTP settings for my virgin media email setup please as I cant see them published anywhere an also can I please get some advice on a booster I have a black spot in my bedroom and as. I am a Wheelchair user and use my bedroom a lot would like a booster in there, but my question is does it need any wiring and can I  (if it does send for virgin media to install it as I live alone and my mobility isn't good enough to install wiring

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email Settings and Broadband Booster

Hi mobileaccount,

This link should help you with the IMAP and SMTP settings Virgin Email settings 

You may be able to get the wifi booster for free depending which package you are on, otherwise it's £3 a month.

The following PDF shows how to set up a booster, so this may help you decide if it's manageable to do yourself. Virgin Media Booster setup 

It may depend on how accessible your household sockets are to get to.

It's basically like plugging a radio into a wall socket, you just plug an ethernet cable into the router and booster. 

I hope this helps.

Take care, and stay safe.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much I think I may be able to manage it myself because if Im right, correct me if I'm wrong, the Electric sockets use the existing wires that link them? Also, this I am not certain because the first image shows two boosters and the third image shows one so is it two or one only I need?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again mobileaccount,

I can confirm that that the boosters sue your existing home wiring and sockets.

You should receive 1 wifi booster.

Have you downloaded the Virgin Media Connect app as it will check your property for black spots and you should be able to order one through the app?

You can also use it to optimise your connection. If you haven't got it you can download it via this link virgin-media-connect-app 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Dave but if you only have 1 sent where is it near the hub with an ethernet cable or in the bedroom where the Black Spot is, that's what I don't 100% understand? Thanks for the reply. Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again Paul,

I hadn't realised, but you actually receive 2 boosters. Sorry for giving you incorrect info earlier.

I've actually found a help article that explains it more succinctly, along with a few diagrams, than I could ever manage.

Help setting up a booster 

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I thought you'd need two Dave, thanks for your help Paul.