Menu
Hannah_lou22
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Electrician needed.

Hi.

I’ve gone through all the possible ways of contacting virgin media but it’s impossible. Calling just gets an automated call which just tells me to reboot the box which I’ve done multiple times and with no success or even change. When I look through the issues page and do what it tells me to the site just tells me I need more help which is kind of the point. I have a hub 3 and the light is constantly yellow. The broadband is slow or just doesn’t work altogether and the process of trying to get it fixed is getting beyond frustrating. If anyone can help that would be great,

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Electrician needed.

why do you need a sparky - do you mean a tech - that apart post some info are you speedtesting wired or wifi - always test wired

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
Hannah_lou22
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I keep trying to log in but every time I go to the website it says it can’t connect to the server. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Hannah_lou22 wrote:

I keep trying to log in but every time I go to the website it says it can’t connect to the server. 

if the hub are you in router mode or modem mode and what address are you using

have you tried a full reset

if a server - what server?

Tony
0 Kudos
Hannah_lou22
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I’ve tried a full reset, multiple times. 
And I’m using the address you gave me the “192.168.0.1” it either just come’s up with a message saying it can’t connect to the server or it goes to the virgin media website saying the address isn’t found.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you connected to the hub via a cable or are you connected to the 'reset' Wireless network?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@lotharmat wrote:
Are you connected to the hub via a cable or are you connected to the 'reset' Wireless network?

not sure what that means - you should not need to connect by a cable - logging in via wifi should work

try 192.168.100.1

thats really for modem mode but can work in router mode - if neither work and a reset doe snot help then i suggest you need a new hub

on the reset press and hold the button a good 30 sec - dont guess time it and add a bit - dont turn the hub off when you have done that just let it come back on line then try logging in again

Tony
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I was wondering if OP was connected to the right network - I've seen people do hub resets and then wonder why they can't connect to the admin pages but they didn't reconnect to the right network.

As you say - logging in from WiFi should work - but if not; I'd always try a cable.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Notwithstanding the RUBBISH online help that claims a yellow LED is a problem with user's wireless devices, the overwhelming evidence in these forums is that a yellow LED indicates the hub is totally ****ed.  I'll flag for staff to advise on next steps, since this is going nowhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hannah_lou22,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with our internet services and have done several diagnostics to help get it back up and running with no success.

Remotely looking from our end with the details you have provided from your community profile, we have located your account details and booked an engineers appointment for you.

Please check here for your time and appointment date. If you need to change these you can do through your online account.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos