Menu
GillieE
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Eero set up for complete dummies!

Can you please help.

my WiFi is not good. The router VM hub 3 is upstairs .

my Ring doorbell takes ages to load by which time whoever is at the door has long gone. 
my TV is connected by WiFi, terrible buffering ( a technical term ha)

Any way have been advised to get mesh WiFi system, was told Amazon Eero was the one. BUT my worry is I do not have a clue how to do much with computers. When I read you have to put your VM hub into modem mode!, help not a clue.

my IT help (son) is away and cannot help me.

so do I buy the mesh WiFi .

can I completely mess everything up and have no WiFi at all due to my incompetence or do you think I could set it up. 
please be honest, as I really am not any good with technical thing.

thank you for reading this I do hope someone can help.

thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Eero set up for complete dummies!

The Eero system isn’t great unless you opt for the pro model which is too pricey for what it (doesn’t) offer.

Something from TP-Link or ASUS would be better, dependant on budget, coverage required, number of devices etc. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
GillieE
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying.

will have a look online and see just how easy the TP link system is to install.Thanks again for your reply.
heres hoping I can sort it out.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The TP-Link Deco M4 or M5 is a doddle to set up via their App according to my 2 non-techy mates who recently got them. Make sure what you get has GB ports.

Just need to use the correct sequence - whatever you choose do this

Disconnect all cables from your new router (or Mesh first unit) and unplug it. Put the VM Hub into modem mode (see VM website for “how to” details) and wait for the base light to turn magenta/purple (on a Hub3 - but not on a Hub4!). Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub must then be powered off. Then, set up your own router/Mesh with the WAN port set to be in DHCP mode, it may be pre-set that way anyway. Make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the WAN cable to the VM hub. Now power up the VM hub and you should get a connection. Use the recommended App to connect other Mesh units to the first one. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect the router to the VM hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
GillieE
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much.

think I will order a TP link and give it a go.

thank you so much taking the time to reply.

lets hope I can make it work!!!
thank you again.

0 Kudos