Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero Wi-Fi + new network

Joining in

Hi. 
our step up is

virgin broadband

plugged in is:

1) eero which creates the network for the house (plugged into yellow port on virgin unit)

2) network satellite sending internet to garden office (new) (plugged into yellow port on virgin unit)

what appears to be happening is devices say they are connected to eero but can’t get online. When I look on eero, says all connected but speeds are low. 

have no idea what to do - help ! 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are using a Eero setup, you should really have the Hub in modem mode, and run everything from the 1st Eero. If you need additional ethernet ports for other Eero satellite units, then get an unmanaged switch and connect it to the 1st Eero. It is important to note when using Modem mode, only ONE port on the Hub can be used.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. How do I switch the hub into modem mode ? And which port works ?

So I would plug the satellite into first eero with an unmanaged switch ? 
what’s an unmanaged switch ? 
thanks 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Modem mode -  https://www.virginmedia.com/content/virginmedia/dotcom/en/myvmapp/help/help_l3_t4_s8_a1.html

Usually I would use Port 4

If the Deco has two ports, one goes to the Hub and the other to a switch.  All other cables then come from the switch. 
Unmanaged switches are easy to use as they do not need “managed” by an IT person, so to speak.  Example -  https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8663236?storeID=835&istCompanyId=a74d8886-5df9-4baa-b776-166b3bf9111...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks