Menu
Reply
  • 2
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
124 Views
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Eero Mesh and Virgin Hub

Is it possible to plug the Eero Mesh system into the Virgin Hub, rather than using the Virgin hub as a modem only?   In effect having two WiFi systems running?

I want to use the Eero for my work - my office is at the far end of the house away from my Virgin box - and I don’t want to disrupt anything that’s already running on the Virgin hub (Nintendo/Sonos/PS4 etc).  It will just be my laptops for work.   

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 11.59K
  • 829
  • 1.65K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
118 Views
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Eero Mesh and Virgin Hub

Yes, if you just plug in the mesh to the hub in router mode you will achieve this

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 25.14K
  • 1.44K
  • 3.2K
Alessandro Volta
108 Views
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Eero Mesh and Virgin Hub


@VictoriaD wrote:

Is it possible to plug the Eero Mesh system into the Virgin Hub, rather than using the Virgin hub as a modem only?   In effect having two WiFi systems running?

I want to use the Eero for my work - my office is at the far end of the house away from my Virgin box - and I don’t want to disrupt anything that’s already running on the Virgin hub (Nintendo/Sonos/PS4 etc).  It will just be my laptops for work.   


Why would you want to do that? The Eero nodes should provide you with better coverage than the hub will alone. 


*****
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 25.14K
  • 1.44K
  • 3.2K
Alessandro Volta
105 Views
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Eero Mesh and Virgin Hub


@jb66 wrote:

Yes, if you just plug in the mesh to the hub in router mode you will achieve this


Not really. If the Eero is also set to run as a router you’ll get issues with Double NAT and DHCP issues etc leading to dropouts. 


*****
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 2
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
61 Views
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Eero Mesh and Virgin Hub

To be frank, I just want to plug it in and go.  All the family stuff is on the Virgin hub and I don’t want to mess any of it up.  

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 25.14K
  • 1.44K
  • 3.2K
Alessandro Volta
53 Views
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Eero Mesh and Virgin Hub


@VictoriaD wrote:

To be frank, I just want to plug it in and go.  All the family stuff is on the Virgin hub and I don’t want to mess any of it up.  


You can give the Eero the same Wi-Fi SSID and Password that you’re currently using with the hub 


*****
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 11.59K
  • 829
  • 1.65K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
43 Views
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Eero Mesh and Virgin Hub

gary_dexter, Eero can be put in Bridge mode like most mesh systems can.  I would agree with gary though as you've spent good money on a decent piece of kit, you may as well use modem mode

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Reply