cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EERO Mesh + VM Help

gavinthain
On our wavelength

I have the same problem. Solution has not worked for me. Any other help or suggestions?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

26 REPLIES 26

Now Web Safe is turned off, all working great. 

9FECB5D6-9CAE-4679-AC45-B447BFD053AB.jpeg

Hi

i have this issue and my online security is all turned off and always has been since I got Virgin, verified even toggled for safe measures.

eero still won’t connect

any other thoughts? 

Change eero DNS to use 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 might not work if the problem is what I think it is and you need to talk to the makers of eero 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Turned out to be the VM we safe spam filters was blocking eeros connecting. 

beware of these settings:

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings

Afetr much phaffing rebooting and toggling it magically worked eventually.

Nearly 100% convinced it’s a compatibility between virgin and Eero. Given at any time my old r7000 net gear would connect with no issues or nthiugh my websafe nonsense was off, I suspect it wasn’t , and much toggling finally got it off for real . However this doesn’t explain what stupid stuff eeero is doing that other routers don’t .

WMLEE
Tuning in

Dropped into this thread for help.

Trying to get the Eero 6+ to work with VM Hub3. No luck, persistent issue is that I get the following:

WMLEE_0-1693902021385.png

Can confirm that the VM Hub3 is in modem mode (I can access it via a cable on 192.168.100.1) and can then reset it back to Router mode. Each time I switch to modem mode, I ensure that only the Eero 6+ is the only device connected to Lan port 1 on the Hub 3.

I have used a different Eero 6+ hub as a test; each one fails with the same exact issue.

Am getting increasingly convinced there is some compatibility issue with the Eero 6+ and the VM Hub 3. Am not rushing this either: spent the entire weekend working on this. Switching off the devices for 5-10 minutes at a time to ensure that nothing is hanging around. Am definitely switching the VM HUB3 into modem mode correctly, can confirm that the LED is magenta when in this mode (and white when back to router/wifi mode).

No issue with connecting to the Eero hub using the app - works fine; just the Eero device(s) can't seem to talk to the Hub 3. It doesn't pick up a new internet facing IP Address. Baffled.

Any ideas (incl. sacrificial offerings) much appreciated.

Hi WMLEE, 

Thanks for taking the time to post in the Community. We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with getting your EERO router set up to work with the hub. 

I can see from previous posts that other users have suggested the following: 

➡ disabling the Virgin Media Websafe Settings - Leave Virus Safe on but disable Child Safe. You can do this within My Virgin Media

Another user also suggested checking settings here

Please give these a try and let me know if this helps. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs