Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dual WAN setup with Hitron

Hi, I ordered Voom 500 business service and (4 months later), it seems about to be installed. However I have become very alarmed recently, and need some advice urgently.

I already have another ISP providing an ADSL connection on a static IP, and I'm intending on running a dual-WAN setup with this ISP along with VM as the other ISP. I have all the networking equipment installed ready for this.

I explained all this to the sales person when making my order, and was told there would be no problem, but I have recently read on these forums that a) I can't run the Hitron modem in modem-only mode if I have ordered static IPs, and 2) when running with static IPS, there are numerous connectivity and slowdown problems.

I want the additional static IPs for my business (though in reality I only need 1 from VM), so it seems like I'm painted into a corner. I can't run modem-only for a dual wan setup if I have static IPs, and in order to run in modem only, I have to give up static IPs...

This seems crazy. VM is offering a business service. Of course business customers will want static IPs, and of course, many will want to run a dual-WAN setup for failover, etc. It seems like it should go without saying. Is it in fact not actually possible? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dual WAN setup with Hitron

This forum is support for residential users only, not business users

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you ordered 5 static IP then it be fine as you get your own LAN with WAN IP's but the MTU will be lower.
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@mambofish wrote:

Hi, I ordered Voom 500 business service and (4 months later), it seems about to be installed. However I have become very alarmed recently, and need some advice urgently.

wrong forum.
you need https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos