Menu
geoffhh1974
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Drops WiFi despite strong signal

I’ve got Virgin Hub3 and 2 extender pods.  Despite having strong connection, I constantly drop WiFi from my Chromebook making the system unusable.

I’ve moved pods etc but this doesn’t help.  I’ve asked for a 3rd pod to maybe link network all in but told not possible.

SO, Virgin Media.  Please advise how you can give me a WiFi network I can use.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Drops WiFi despite strong signal

How is the connection wired.
VM do not garantee wifi conenctions.

Its always best to drop the ub and get your own better wireless network or mesh system
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are you 100% confident that it's a single wifi device (the Chromebook) that's losing connection, or is there any possibility that it might be an incoming broadband fault, a more general wifi issue, or simply poor coverage where & when the problem occurs?  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @geoffhh1974

Thanks for popping along to our Community; so sorry that you're having some WiFi issues with one of your devices at home. 

As one of our VIP's has questioned, are you having issues with any other device or just the Chromebook? 

I have located your account from here and can see that at the time of checking that there are no known area issues listed for your area and no errors showing. It's been just over 2 days since the Hub was rebooted. All your signal levels look to be within specification that we would expect for your package and Equipment. 

There is a note to advise that large volumes of WiFi traffic are causing some congestion though; this may be the cause of the issue with your Chromebook. Please have a check at other WiFi devices you may also have connected and see if any can be moved or connected via Ethernet and see if you see any improvement. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos