Menu
mjgibson69
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dropping out Internet / WiFi

Hi,

I am having problems with the WiFi and internet with my Hub 3 it drops the connection at lease once a day, I have tried resttting to factory and rebooting the hub to no avail, the one thing i have noticed the light on the front is a creamy yellow colour and not white like my daughters Hub 3, do I have a faulty hub?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropping out Internet / WiFi

First question as always is... are these issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mjgibson69
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I only use WiFi on my phone & tablet but not been using on my phone as its unreliable, I also see it on my Sky Q system and PC (cable connections), it will most often reset its self, its like the internet goes to sleep and reconnects when you want to connect but can take an age before it reconnects. its just anoying as it has been doing this since its been installed (October 2020) thought it was just settling in at first.

0 Kudos
TALON1973
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Go into you hub admin settings and run the diagnostic tool.  Also are you running in 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz for WiFi? As my brief experience shows 2.4 ghz is rubbish. If you are close stick with the 5.

0 Kudos