Menu
jayellarr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dropping Cable Connection

My connection has dropped 4 times already today ... 1400, 1730, 2000, 2015. When connection available ... Virgin Website under reconstruction ??? (No help there).

150 Phone number  ... because of COVID  ... call centres closed.

Where is the resilience in this network?

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropping Cable Connection

Hi jayellarr,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with our internet services, we appreciate the frustration this can cause.

Looking remotely from our end with the details you have provided form your community profile we have detected a network issues which will require a technician to attend.

I have booked this in for you now and you can check your date and time for the appointment here by signing in to your online Virgin Media account. You can also reschedule and cancel the appointment of its no longer needed.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
jayellarr
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nightmare continues .....

I had an appointment, sent via text, on 8th September. I thought that the problem had gone away , so cancelled the appointment.

However, the dropped connection problem has returned. Then this morning, 10 September at 01:49, I received an email about this forum reply, regarding an engineer visit. Is this another appointment?

I have tried finding an appointment on my virgin media account .... but does not appear to be one there.

I have called the 150 number  ... but cannot get past the secure account password ..... even though I have changed it ....twice!!!

I tried carrying out the recommended Service Status page broadband tests .... but they also now FAIL to complete, even although Ihave a broadband connection at the moment  .......

"Your service
Technical error  Something's gone wrong with the test."

Your service
Technical error
Something's gone wrong with the test.

0 Kudos
jayellarr
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just manged to get thru to the 150 help line .....

they took the Virgin Hub out of Modem mode, ran tests ....nothing wrong .... so did something to the line .... put it back into modem mode and told me to RESET the hub once it had re-entererd MODEM mode... (putting it back to modem-router mode) ...

.then leave  it aroung 15 minutes and then I can go and reset into modem mode.

lets see what happens !

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don't get your hopes up too high.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jayellarr,

I'm sorry to hear that your broadband issues have returned and that you didn't have much luck when calling through to our helpline.

From this end, I can see that the issue is definitely still present, and so I have arranged another engineer appointment for you. 

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you need any further assistance.

Beth

0 Kudos