Menu
Fortysix
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Droppage

Hi, I’ve been trying to get through between work for about 2 weeks now. Fail! 
The internet in my house has been intermittently dropping, the signal isn’t good in any room now it’s got slowly worse over the last month. 
Done the tests, the reboot & checked cables. 
need an engineer or maybe new equipment I’m not sure and I can’t get through to anyone. Paying a fortune and stay with VM because the internet had always been reliable. Never had issues in years. Can anyone please point me in the right direction of how I can contact without having to call because that isn’t happening I just don’t have the time. Either than or I’m signing up to BT! 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Droppage

First question is always... do the drops happen at the same time on ethernet cable devices as they do on wifi connected ones, and what are the various Hub lights doing/showing when this happens?

Re. contacting VM calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection.

If they think its just a wifi issue they will offer you a "Pod" (when they come back in stock) and charge yiu £5/month for it unless you are 1GB or an Ultimate Ooomph package - if that the case - forget it and buy your own better quality wireless equipemnt

Calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take 5-10 days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Fortysix
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey, I’ll keep an eye on the lights 😂

it just drops or is really slow. 

we’re on M200

I’ll try the phones again  losing the will to live being stuck waiting. The text service doesn’t deal with faults  

thanks for responding  x

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Fortysix wrote:

it just drops or is really slow. 

Wired... WiFi... or both ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Fortysix
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi 

we rarely use a wired connection, TV is connected and seems ok. I’ll need to see if that’s the case when it dips though I suspect the wired connection will be ok. 
We used to have a strong connection in every room now very little even sat next to it. I’m wondering if it’s as basic as a hardware problem. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What do the wifi and power lights do/show at the time this happens?

Try a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that improves it -if not and the wired connection turns out to be fine and the lights "support" that then its wifi that needs sorting

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Fortysix
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok so we’ve done the reset above already. 

Wifi dropped 

Ethernet failed 

Solid green light throughout. 
still no reply to the email I sent VM

0 Kudos
Fortysix
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well. We had an engineer out on Tuesday.  Something about a split- going upstairs and downstairs. Now no split. Updated equipment. 
no improvement. 

0 Kudos