Menu
Victiboo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Drop out

Why is my internet always cutting out. We've rebooted reset restarted and everything else asked of us and still we loose signal at least 4-5 times a day. The signal isn't very good and we can't move the modem from where it is. Lack of sockets in our house is mad. What else can I do to stop the drop out. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Drop out

First thin to ascertain.... are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various lights onit showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Drop out

Hi Victiboo, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your internet services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I understand the issue is in regards to your connections being intermittent, I just want to ask a few more questions around this if you don't mind - 

• Are these intermittent issues only apparent on WIFI connections? Do you have any PC's or laptops you can plug an Ethernet into to see if it still happens over wired devices? This will help us pinpoint whether it is just a WIFI issue. 
  • When the issue occurs, do all devices disconnect at the same time?
  • Do any lights come on the Hub when it happens, indicating a problem? 
  • Do devices that are in the same room as the Hub still disconnect? Or it is just devices upstairs/in other rooms?

I've already taken the time to look into your services on my side and can see there is an issue with WIFI coverage in your home. This could mean that some devices are struggling to connect to the Hub because they're too far away, there is something disrupting the WIFI signal or they're on the wrong band of WIFI for that particular device. 

Please let me know the answers to the above bullet points so I can move forward with this 🙂

Just for future issues with the WIFI and for any other users that are looking at this thread for WIFI help, I have a few links below that might help with general issues - 

• Our Service Checker is a good tool to use to check if there are any area outages ongoing with Broadband, TV, Landline and Mobile. It usually lets you know what is wrong and how long it's going to take for the engineers to fix (estimated time of course)
  • Your Online Account also has a good tool which helps diagnose a fault within your home network with your Broadband, TV and Landline, it will tell you what's up and what to do next. 
  • We also have a good section for faults on our website here - Help Website - it will give you flows for diagnosing and rectifying faults on a multitude of aspects. A really good link to bookmark!  

Thanks!

Megan_L

0 Kudos