cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downstream power levels

JamieB1
Tuning in

Can someone check my downstream and up stream I currently have a forward path attenuator 6db on, when using ps5 I get "the router you are using may not support ip packet fragmentation" with a wiered connection I have tried directly to the HUB5 and through a 3rd party access point neygear WAX 206 AX3200

Sometimes on rare occasions the power levels can spike up to 35dbmv

Screenshot_20230914_041327_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230914_041317_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230914_041309_Chrome.jpg

  

Screenshot_20230914_041344_Chrome.jpg

  

7 REPLIES 7

JamieB1
Tuning in

this is also with a ethernet upload is between 15mps and 30mbps normally 

20230912_165121.jpg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

posting screenshots is no help for ageing eyes 😎 - post as plain text in future

but it looks like your down powers are out of range - the acceptable range is....

+10dBmV to -6dBmV  are yours above the +10?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes my downstream are always above 10+ normally they sit at 15+dBmV on very rare occasions they have spiked up to 30± but that hasn't happened in awhile 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Then you definitely need a Tech visit to bring them back into mid-range.

A VM person will help here soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Mr-Hare
On our wavelength

I posted in the gaming section about getting the same message on the PS5 speed test recently too. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/PS5-IP-packet-fragmentation/td-p/5398136

All my hub stats are within spec and I'm not noticing any issues apart from the PS5 speed test now saying the router might not support IP fragmentation when it didn't before. 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey JamieB1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection at the moment. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

My issue started a few days after I upgraded to 1gig I didn't get the ip packet fragmentation before on speed tests. Only thing I can see that off is the power levels but I need to get a forward path attenuator 15db to try that